Vision

This link will take you to general messages or topics of interest to members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Vision

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

Discussions on your favourite films go on in here.

Chat with each other on what DVD's / films, movies at the cinema, programmes on the tv or internet you've recently watched. Talk about what's hot and what's not or about your all time favourites. Make recommendations to other members. Taking the piss out of people in the movie industry is also widely encouraged on here.
Last edited by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:48 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

DEAD MAN'S SHOES...
UK 2004 production and an absolutely brilliant and gripping thriller. If this film doesn't put the actor playing Richard (central character),Paddy Considine who also co-wrote this marvellous film on the world stage, something's badly wrong...

Another great performer in this movie is Toby Kebbell who plays Anthony but in fairness everyone has excelled here...

Beautiful soundtrack from Adem , Aphex Twins and Smog.

Revenge is bittersweet. That's all I'm saying :wink:...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
zark
activist and campaigner

Post by zark »

Just seen "The Aristocrats"

ta daaaaar

heh

you gotta see this film. No, no no not the cats and cartoon but the Joke film.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

zark wrote:Just seen "The Aristocrats"

ta daaaaar

heh

I haven't even heard of that one zark...

Nice one mate :D
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Essexcowgirl
visitor

Post by Essexcowgirl »

Watched 'the breakfast club' again the other night - for about the hundredth time, and it's still wicked. Everyone can identify with at least one of the teenage characters in that movie...I'm a combi, something between the nerd and the basket case (though of course I'm excessively beautiful!) Love it...

Kate
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Essexcowgirl wrote:Watched 'the breakfast club' again the other night - for about the hundredth time, and it's still wicked. Everyone can identify with at least one of the teenage characters in that movie...I'm a combi, something between the nerd and the basket case (though of course I'm excessively beautiful!) Love it...

Kate
It's a good show Kate. I've seen it a few times too and it does convey the characters well and the transitions they all go through simply by being put in one place (detention) for a prolonged period of time... 80's films normally make me cringe though and I remember how I used to get this film mixed up with Fast Lane (Sean Penn)...

Interesting one for you to maybe check out. It's a film from the early 90's called S.F.W. (So fucking What?). Set in a supermarket during a screwed up robbery. Great character writing with a twist in the tail... Powerful soundtrack too including Radiohead's first single - Creep... I loved this show because it was screened against the backdrop of what was really going on in America at that time - Waco, Texas and the Branch Davidian Sect / FBI slaughter, followed 2 years later by Timothy McVeigh the disgruntled war veteran turned 'Oklahoma Bomber'... A lot of anger and disillusionment seemed to swell up in the States and it was carried across into their media and movies, almost like it was airbourne...

Right. I've clearly turned into a gabbering fool and will now go drink a gallon of camomile and smoke 4 stone of weed :P ... You can read more about S.F.W. by clicking into theIMDB(Internet Movie Database) on this thread...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

upstate
lugh's sensitize toolkit
Location: A cardigan pocket, amid handkerchiefs and hard boiled, fruit flavoured sweets.

Post by upstate »

zark wrote:Just seen "The Aristocrats"

ta daaaaar

heh

ROFLMFAO Zaaaarrrrk..!

I watched The Aristocrats. I was initially shocked by it, but as it progressed I was in tears of laughter. Good comedy is repetition most of the time. Not for the faint-hearted or 'Morally Correct Brigade' and definitely 18+..!

There's only one other joke I know about a talent agency.

'Bloke walks into a talent agent's office and says;
  • "I can do bird impersonations"...
The talent agent says;
  • "Fuck off. We've got loads of those"..!
Bloke says;
  • "Suit yourself"..!
Then chirps and flies out the window'...

Boom Boom :P ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Bubba Ho-tep (Comedy)

My face is sore from giggling at this next recommendation. Diesel loaned me his DVD of it and I promptly watched it 3 times while wiping tears of laughter from my eyes. So, if any of you get a chance to see; Bubba Ho-tep, grab it..! It's the funniest movie I've seen since; The Big Lebowski or Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?

Set primarily in an old people's home, Bubba Ho-tep focuses in on the theme of 'what if'; Elvis was still alive and other great conspiracy theories. But that's not all folks. Did I say it was a horror movie too? Well, it is, and with positively hilarious outcomes...

If watching Bubba Ho-tep, be prepared to possibly die laughing...

Bubba Ho-tep was adapted to screenplay by Don Coscarelli from a short story by Joe R. Lansdale. Directed by Don Coscarelli...

10/10 :wink:

All hyperlinks for this review are from; The Internet Movie database (IMdb)...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Here's hoping Ken Loach gets the well deserved and long-awaited for Palme d'Or Award and respect he deserves for his latest movie; The Wind That Shakes The Barley written by Paul Laverty, now being screened at the Cannes Film Festival...

I have watched many movies by this fine director over the years and always, they have left lasting impressions on my mind...

Cillian Murphy, an Irish actor who at first concerned me because I thought; 'Oh feck. Yet another good looking bloke who can't act (Disco Pigs), has several times since it, blown my mind as an actor. I have had to eat 'humble pie' and admit he is a genuis performer. He played a brilliant role in Neil Jordan's Breakfast On Pluto recently as a transvestite growing up in rural Ireland and the hatred, predjudices and violence that people who identify this way, have had to endure...

I can't wait until The Wind That Shakes The Barley hits the big screen and then gets released to DVD. I will definitely be buying a copy...

Click here to read the cast and crew list for The Wind That Shakes The Barley (2006) on the Internet Movie Database (IMdb)...

Ken Loach has directed and worked on many masterpieces of British and Irish films over the years including;

Kes

My Name Is Joe

Hidden Agenda

The Navigators

Sweet Sixteen

Way Ta Go; Mr. Loach :wink:
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Wooooohooooooooooo...!

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

the_leander
visitor

Post by the_leander »

Star Wreck

Curtesy of the creative commons licence.

Enjoy :D
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Jazuz Alan :D That is one heck of a website mate... The film trailer is exceptional too. Have you read the 'Crew' info? A committed and talented small team of artists, filmakers, writers, all working on a tiny budget to produce this wonderful project...

I can't thank you enough for linking us to it... Nice one man 8)
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

one to watch

Hi all. Some of you might want to watch the bbc 1 show;- The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive presented by Stephen Fry tonight at 9pm.
Yahoo TV wrote:"Stephen Fry explores the world of manic depression, a mental illness which affects up to 4 million people in the UK, including himself. He sets out to uncover more about a misunderstood condition which drives those who have it from extreme highs to crippling lows."
Read more here.

Cheers...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

David Bowie is the Guest Actor on Ricky Gervais' Extras 9pm

David Bowie is the Guest Actor on Ricky Gervais' Extras 9pm tonight on BBC2. Should be an absolute scream. Bowie has such a dryness to him that I feel Gervais is really gonna rip into him.

Can't wait...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

I have never really warmed to Extras but I watched tonight and couldn't believe what he did. It was priceless. The man is a God. It was the finest example of the comedy of embarrassment I've witnessed since first seeing Some Mothers Do Have 'em.

Return to “General Messages on Sensitize ©”