Quotes...

This link will take you to general messages or topics of interest to members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

psikottix
visitor

Post by psikottix »

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.
-Groucho Marx

(Who, i wish to point out , was an american - and was referring to americans! Probably.)

:wink:
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Quote by Dave Osborne aka spacecadet

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

• "Jenny Agutter was the road map for the boy-to-man hormone highway."
                    • [list]© 2006 Dave Osborne aka spacecadet - 19th December, 2006.
[/list]
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

"Oh well I don't mind, you don't mind
Coz I don't shine if you don't shine
Before you go
Tell me what you find
when you read my mind."

Lyrics from the song; Read My Mind by The Killers.
CD called; Sam's Town (2006). Bloody good album folks 8) ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

“When the power of love
overcomes the love of power,
the world will know peace.”

Jimi Hendrix...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

"The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of life, your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you. They're freeing your soul. So, if you're frightened of dying and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth."Like many people of my generation into media and movies. I became familiar with this quote through the beautifully sublime 1990 film; Jacobs Ladder directed by Adrian Lyne, written by Bruce Joel Rubin and starring Tim Robbins, Elizabeth Peña, Danny Aiello, Matt Craven and Macaulay Culkin.

This is a shocking movie which delves into the whole spiritual identity of humanity through what appears on the surface to be three different lives being lived by the one character (Jacob played by Tim Robbins), throwing the audience (literally) from one life to the other. Danny Aiello's character (Louis - Jacob's chiropractor / guardian angel) quotes Eckhart as he saves Jacob from the clutches of a nightmarish hospital and staff. Jacobs Ladder contains scenes of violence/warfare and strong language, but given the overall aim, this is by the way.

On a personal note I would make the observation that anyone who has ever been involved in a military conflict or is perhaps considering it could benefit greatly from watching Jacobs Ladder before they head off to kill or get killed 'for the man.' They might just change their minds and get into good stuff like the creative arts and writing...
Last edited by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh on Thu May 08, 2008 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

what we are today
comes from
our thoughts of yesterday,
and our present thoughts
build our life of tomorrow:
our life is the creation of our mind.
            • ~ the bhudda.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

"i get all the news i need from the weather report."
              • the only living boy in new york ~ simon and garfunkel
                bridge over troubled water
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Noam Chomski on Censorship...

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever."
Noam Chomski.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Return to “General Messages on Sensitize ©”