she drinks smoke

This link will take you to travellers tales by members of Sensitize ©. It's a place for members to write about journeys they have been on, countries they have lived and worked in or charity missions they were a part of.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Mike Daniels
poet & writer
Location: The English Queen's Arse, Tongue First 'n' Lovin' It ...

she drinks smoke

Post by Mike Daniels »

She Drinks Smoke

She drinks smoke;
her death depends on it
and she anticipates fate
on a cloud of contempt
for opinion.

She wears a wreath
of blue-grey diaspora
and a sneer, uncaring
of her disgrace,
her alienation.

He turns away,
turns relationships
to ash.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Re: she drinks smoke

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

danimik wrote:She Drinks Smoke

She drinks smoke;
her death depends on it
and she anticipates fate
on a cloud of contempt
for opinion.

She wears a wreath
of blue-grey diaspora
and a sneer, uncaring
of her disgrace,
her alienation.

He turns away,
turns relationships
to ash.
  • Hi Mike.

The first of many responding posts to this thread to say thank you for all your brilliant help recently and for your extremely effective poem (She Drinks Smoke) up above mate. It's a graphic, hard-hitting piece and you have delivered it nicely dude 8) ... Please note this message also acknowledges all of delph_ambi's and psikottix's magnificent input and help to me as well.

So, in time-honoured, community arts tradition, I have decided to raise my voice and bring about change and maybe some fresher air for us all:- This is my first step in the journey towards freedom from nicotine addiction and I believe that in tandem with this campaign, I will succeed.

I've been off the cigarettes now for 3 days with the aid of the NiQuitin CQ nicotine patches from my G.P. on the NHS. Over this time I have toked a few joints for pain relief from my injuries, so technically I'm not 100% clean yet, but I feel very confident that I can beat the nicotine buzz now and I feel the toxins beginning to leave me :D ...

I would be grateful if you all took some time to read and sign the Upstate Renegade Productions & Sensitize © petition to the UK Prime Minister. I believe when this theme has been discussed and voted on, real change will come about. Please also share this link with as many people as you can.

Once again. Thanks folks. You're all good people :wink: ...
Hyperlink in this post is to:-
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Tobacco/
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Message for Mike Daniels aka danimik...

Message for Mike Daniels aka danimik...
danimik wrote:She Drinks Smoke

She drinks smoke;
her death depends on it
and she anticipates fate
on a cloud of contempt
for opinion.

She wears a wreath
of blue-grey diaspora
and a sneer, uncaring
of her disgrace,
her alienation.

He turns away,
turns relationships
to ash.
Hi Mike,

with reference to your poem; She Drinks Smoke. I have recently taken a few shots of local life here in Derry and arranged to shoot footage of an up and coming actress (details later) in a short drama clip for her portfolio. I would be interested in running a sequence of enhanced photographs in a slide show-like presentation (from stills images of footage shot) alongside your poem. The actress would be caught in various exterior / interior poses of defiance and indifference, while bathed in natural light and smoking cigarettes.

The eventual aim we would be seeking to gain would be sponsorship for all artists, editors, performers, production technicians and writers working on collaborative projects like this one, through discreet advertising on each seperate webpage created. You would be paid a percentage pro rate to your input following expenses + production / post production costs.

The picture and poem would be displayed on the www.upstaterenegadeproductions.com domain where this forum; Sensitize © resides and would be part of our first edition of Sensitize © (an online publication). Full copyright respect will be acknowledged to you as writer, including links back to your own homepage and (in time) links to all other work you may do through or with the www.upstaterenegadeproductions.com domain and us.

Would you be happy to submit your poem?

Cheers...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Mike Daniels
poet & writer

Post by Mike Daniels »

Go ahead

Mike
Mike Daniels
poet & writer

Post by Mike Daniels »

soory to take so long in replying - I've been coomputerless for several days now...Just a brief holiday with my daughter

Mike
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

danimik wrote:Go ahead

Mike
Nice one Mike. Will keep you updated mate.

Cheers...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Return to “Travellers Tales on Sensitize ©”