She Drinks Smoke

This link will take you to poetry by featured guests and members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Mike Daniels
poet & writer
Location: The English Queen's Arse, Tongue First 'n' Lovin' It ...

She Drinks Smoke

Post by Mike Daniels »

She Drinks Smoke

She drinks smoke;
her death depends on it
and she anticipates fate
on a cloud of contempt
for opinion.

She wears a wreath
of blue-grey diaspora
and a sneer, uncaring
of her disgrace,
her alienation.

He turns away,
turns relationships
to ash.
Last edited by Mike Daniels on Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Post by Catherine Edmunds »

People who smoke themselves to death... cannot see what they are doing to those around them. They think it's their affair, no concern of anyone else. But 'no man is an island'. They're wrong.

Painfully accurate writing. 'snear' should be 'sneer', but that's the only glitch in a very fine poem.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

Good poem Mike...

Smoker here :oops: ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Mike Daniels
poet & writer

Post by Mike Daniels »

thanks guys

I have the worst of both worlds, being an ex-smoker of long standing, that is a long standing smoker with a thirty+ a day habit and that was when I rolled my own. Nowadays, I preach to the unconverted as only the recently converted can do (well, to be honest, its not 'can do' its 'do do,' and we shouldn't, except it makes us feel better about ourselves - a kind of 'look-at-me-aren't-I-good' kind of thing.)

Sadly, I used to enjoy smoking. I also enjoy life, and given the choice, as basically I was, between the two, I chose life. Blame it all on Ewan McGregor and Irving Walsh then, for reducing all existence to absurdities.

Mike
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

I have to admit. I am having more trouble than I thought I would quitting. Any tips anyone may have, would be really welcome. Thanks...

I know exactly how Dave Allen felt...

Hyperlink in this post is to Google / YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cT-BQLX6nU
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Mike Daniels
poet & writer

Post by Mike Daniels »

I did it with the help of my GP who ran a quit smoking clinic - I went to see him twice a day for a few days, then daily, then twice a week...

That was ten years or more ago, though.

Still find I fancy the odd one, but the real habit thing went within months.

Its both easier and harder than you think - but when you have done it and look back on it, you'll see how easy it really was...

Mike
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

danimik wrote:I did it with the help of my GP who ran a quit smoking clinic - I went to see him twice a day for a few days, then daily, then twice a week...

That was ten years or more ago, though.

Still find I fancy the odd one, but the real habit thing went within months.

Its both easier and harder than you think - but when you have done it and look back on it, you'll see how easy it really was...

Mike
Hi Mike :D ...

Good to hear from you mate. Thank you for this invaluable feedback. If I were to create a quit smoking thread here on Sensitize, would you submit this poem? I plan to do a diary of my first few experiences and possibly a poem or two. Hopefully other members will join in. Could even lead to a publication if I push it up the line to funders... No rush deciding Mike. At your leisure my friend...

Cheers :) ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Mike Daniels
poet & writer

Post by Mike Daniels »

I'd probably write something else to go with it - though who knows. The muse, she be an awkward bedfellow at the moment, she leave me to find my own way home...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

danimik wrote:I'd probably write something else to go with it - though who knows. The muse, she be an awkward bedfellow at the moment, she leave me to find my own way home...
Aye...

Anything you can contribute would be splendid Mike and very much appreciated.

Thank you :D ...

Edit 23.39 - 30th January, 2007:

Mike. Or any other active member on here. Do you have poems or can you write poems that address the disgusting amounts of tax levied on tobacco?

The points in particular that I'm looking to raise are that:

If the government were truly committed to getting the nation healthy again. They should start by distancing themselves from tax profit and all profit from the promotion of such a lethal product.

They either care or they don't. There is no middle ground on an issue as serious as the nation's health.

Statistics may be useful. I will set about doing some research on this over the next few days.

Edit: 02.09.07 4.14am - Changing wording slightly and correcting grammar.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

upstate
lugh's sensitize toolkit
Location: A cardigan pocket, amid handkerchiefs and hard boiled, fruit flavoured sweets.

Is Quitting Tobacco A Journey?

Post by upstate »

Is Quitting Tobacco A Journey?

Hi Mike. An interesting thread has 'got up' as a result of this poem mate. If you click the hyperlink at the top of this post, you'll be taken directly to it...

Post # 3 has a question for you...

Mike Daniels
poet & writer

Post by Mike Daniels »

done as requested - sorry to take so long but I'm breaking in a new laptop, which has taken me a while to setup - that plus a visit to the doctor's last thursday when I was advised that I'd had a silent heart attack at some time in the past which threw me. I had no idea at all...

I'll get round to adding something new fairly soon.

Mike
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

danimik wrote: done as requested - sorry to take so long but I'm breaking in a new laptop, which has taken me a while to setup - that plus a visit to the doctor's last thursday when I was advised that I'd had a silent heart attack at some time in the past which threw me. I had no idea at all...
Crikey Mike :shock: ...
danimik wrote: I'll get round to adding something new fairly soon.

Mike
Take all the time you need my friend. There's no rush...

Thank you so much for opening the thread up for me. I'll get cracking over the next few days, uploading other material on this theme.

Be gentle with your good self dude.

Your fellow pen and pal :) ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Return to “New Media Poetry on Sensitize ©”