remembrance

This link will take you to poetry by featured guests and members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

remembrance

Post by Catherine Edmunds »

dragonfly
guide me
through dreams

grey mists lift
over channeled waters
reed bed stillness

look deep
remember the nymph
slow climbing to freedom

distant swathes of cedar
trail the water's edge
reflections bleed

fly now
to the white beach
tall grasses
then die
dream of the time before

such gifts
ah, such gifts
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Re: remembrance

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

delph_ambi wrote:dragonfly
guide me
through dreams

grey mists lift
over channeled waters
reed bed stillness

look deep
remember the nymph
slow climbing to freedom

distant swathes of cedar
trail the water's edge
reflections bleed

fly now
to the white beach
tall grasses
then die
dream of the time before

such gifts
ah, such gifts
Very smooth Delph 8) ...

I find this poem quite transcendental. It's uplifting and it travels*, celebrating the circle of life, death and rebirth, holding the awareness that; as long as views like these are caught and recounted by us all, they'll exist for us all, and can be further passed on and shared by us all in times of 'ebb' or when energies are low. It took me a few readings to establish this but when I figured that out I felt revitalised and if I may say so? 'Sensitized'.

It's the imagery you've drawn upon here and how each line could read like subtitles across a screen on a slideshow of these images. Perhaps recalling personal moments you have had with nature. Is it possible you have already caught these as oil paintings, photographs and sketches, given that you also work within these mediums? That would be really cool Delph...

One small observation I have is that as I read this poem I found myself replacing the word; 'lift' with the word; 'rise' in the second stanza. I'm not sure why but it felt more fluidic and free-flowing to me. Please note that that is just a preference talking and in no way meant as a criticism. This is wonderful work.

Thank you for sharing :D ...

* I believe this would fit in perfectly with Psi's; Traveller's Tales section here on Sensitize.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Post by Catherine Edmunds »

Thanks, Lugh. I'm going to keep 'lift' because I like the rhyme with 'mists' and 'stillness'.
This poem started life as a great long wordy monstrosity, based on a photograph of a bear in a river in British Columbia. Over the last couple of years it's been pruned significantly, lost the bear, gained the dragonfly. This latest incarnation is my favourite. Glad you liked it. :)

Return to “New Media Poetry on Sensitize ©”