Fireworks

This link will take you to poetry by featured guests and members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Mike Daniels
poet & writer
Location: The English Queen's Arse, Tongue First 'n' Lovin' It ...

Fireworks

Post by Mike Daniels »

Fireworks

I watched all night
hoping for fireworks in the Leonides
but all that happened
was an ache from bending back my head
to look at the sky.
I suspect that all the clouds stopped the light
and left me looking foolish,
though I am used to that feeling now,
after the episode in the bakers.
I can still hear your voice, see them all staring.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Re: Fireworks

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

Quirky piece Mike.

Quirky to me that is.

I set my cameras up the other night to see if I could film the predicted meteors and shooting stars. I caught none. Dense, low-lying clouds rendered the entire effort pointless.

This poem holds enigmatic qualities for me too. Every time I read the last five lines, I wonder what you are referring to when mentioning, 'the episode in the bakers'. I love the; 'What happened? No, don't tell me. That would spoil it' thoughts I get with each reading of Fireworks. The ambience and wake of this piece frames it perfectly...

Lastnight I filmed a fireworks display over the Craigavon Bridge and River Foyle. It turned out quite good. Nice reflections anyway. I still have to compress it and get it switched to a Flash media file for upload, but when I do, this poem would look really good either alongside, or in it.

I'm putting together the first edition of this forum's e-zine; Sensitize right now. Our themes are:
  • alternative lifestyles

ambience

nature

times of the day; morning, afternoon, evening, night or twilight
For further details and an ongoing discussion with our other active members; click here.

Fireworks would definitely fit Mike, and very nicely too :wink: ...

Superb work my friend :) ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Post by Catherine Edmunds »

Mixture of agonising embarrassment and black comedy here (quite apart from a stiff neck). I wonder what happened at the bakers'... fireworks? One way or another.

Love the poem. Layer upon layer of possibilities and meanings within meanings. A story - a twist in the reader's expectations. A double edged title. Excellent :)

Return to “New Media Poetry on Sensitize ©”