New digital music contracts inked in the UK

This link will take you to posts from activists of all sorts and may at times crossover to messages on the community arts activists pages of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

the_leander
visitor

New digital music contracts inked in the UK

Post by the_leander »

From the article:
Musicians get sod all, record companies crack open the Champers
Says it all really.. :roll:

Full story here.
visitor

Post by Guest »

An unnamed person of my acquaintance downloads all music in such a way as to avoid paying anybody anything, then, if he likes the music, he make a real effort to buy tickets to go and see the band live.

Speaking as a performing musician, I can't help but sympathise with this approach. It is very difficult for musicians to get a good deal from record companies etc., despite the efforts of the musician's union. At least my unnamed acquaintance shows practical support for the bands he likes by attending their gigs.
visitor

Post by Guest »

Above 'guest' is me, delph_ambi. I have now logged in twice, but I'm not sure if the site's yet recognising me... :cry:
upstate
lugh's sensitize toolkit
Location: A cardigan pocket, amid handkerchiefs and hard boiled, fruit flavoured sweets.

Post by upstate »

Anonymous wrote:Above 'guest' is me, delph_ambi. I have now logged in twice, but I'm not sure it the site's yet recognising me... :cry:
Feck. Try logging in again Delph mate. It might give you the login window, then when you've logged in, it may say you've still to login again. Try that. It normally lets members in second time around under their login name. Unless you're working from another pc and it doesn't have a cookie for here stored. Still should allow you in second time around though.

Very confusing :? ...
Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Post by Catherine Edmunds »

Third attempt... think it's worked :D
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

Cool :D
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

the_leander wrote:From the article:
Musicians get sod all, record companies crack open the Champers
Says it all really.. :roll:

Full story here.
It really is getting bloody ridiculous now. Where in any other industry is originality and craft person's skills exploited to such a standard?

One of the eventual aims of Sensitize and Upstate Renegade Productions is to give a new media / online platform to new, innovative and original artists, musicians and writers. Here, if it's carried out properly and with the artist's goals of earning a proper income from their art / music etc, they will earn for themselves and this will be to the benefit of us all.

We have enough talent running through Sensitize to boost and promote new acts in a safe way that protects their work and creates opportunities for everyone involved.
Anonymous wrote:An unnamed person of my acquaintance downloads all music in such a way as to avoid paying anybody anything, then, if he likes the music, he make a real effort to buy tickets to go and see the band live.

Speaking as a performing musician, I can't help but sympathise with this approach. It is very difficult for musicians to get a good deal from record companies etc., despite the efforts of the musician's union. At least my unnamed acquaintance shows practical support for the bands he likes by attending their gigs.
The more I read about how the current music industry rips their employees (musicians) off, the more I am inclined to agree with downloaders. Your friend downloading bands they like then supporting them by going to their gigs has a positive effect directly on those bands. They do make more from touring than they could ever make through the record companies who supposedly market them.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.

Return to “Activism on Sensitize ©”