Mass Lobby at Westminster

This link will take you to posts from activists of all sorts and may at times crossover to messages on the community arts activists pages of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

joanne chapman
activist and campaigner

Mass Lobby at Westminster

Post by joanne chapman »

The Royal College of Nursing has a campaign 'Keep Nurses Working, Keep Patients Safe'.

http://www.rcn.org.uk/news/campaigns/deficits/ we all plan to lobby Westminster on 11 May

You can sign the petition here http://www.rcn.org.uk/news/campaigns...s/petition.php

Looking forward to hearing what our MP's are gonna do to protect Nurses and Patients.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Re: Mass Lobby at Westminster

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

jo wrote:The Royal College of Nursing has a campaign 'Keep Nurses Working, Keep Patients Safe'.

http://www.rcn.org.uk/news/campaigns/deficits/ we all plan to lobby Westminster on 11 May

You can sign the petition here http://www.rcn.org.uk/news/campaigns...s/petition.php

Looking forward to hearing what our MP's are gonna do to protect Nurses and Patients.
Nice one Jo and thanks for posting into theActivism on SENSITIZE © thread. This is exactly what it's intended for...

Best of luck to you and your colleague's in this campaign...

Slanté :wink:
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
joanne chapman
activist and campaigner

Post by joanne chapman »

I will let you know how we get on.
Last edited by joanne chapman on Mon May 22, 2006 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

I look forward to reading their replies.

Thanks Jo.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
the_leander
visitor

Post by the_leander »

As do I.

Though one question that was asked on Question Time a few weeks back seems appropriate:

How is it that Doctors, fully qualified and payed for by this country, are increasingly having to go to Australia in order to find work?

I'm guessing it costs a fair bit to train a Doctor, though I suspect that this trend of being trained here but only having jobs available to them in other countries is also true (and equally perverse) for Nurses.
joanne chapman
activist and campaigner

Post by joanne chapman »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4758435.stm

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,3 ... 98,00.html

Well it went quite well today, apart from planned job losses in the car industry being more important to 'News 24' than our actual job losses.

We had a lot of support from the public, which we all really appreciated. We popped into a pub on the way home and strangers came up and paid for our drinks, and gave us their support, it was really nice to see so many people backing us.

Lets just hope that they listen to us.

Jox
Last edited by joanne chapman on Mon May 22, 2006 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Hi ya Jo :D

Firstly, may I say that I think what your colleagues and you did today is simply excellent. It takes people gathering together to over-throw corrupt powers or bring about change. Rebellion is the action of people who will not be talked down to. So, yer all rebels and that's very, very cool in my books mate...

I have a friend who works in a hospital and frequently I've heard him full of praise for the exhausting work that nurses perform daily - 24/7/365.

At 39 years old I have also been on the receiving end of their professionalism on more than one occasion (lol - am fallin' to bits ere) and know from these experiences that they quite literally have saved my life numerous times.

It's a crying shame that you and your colleagues are being treated this way. My only hope is that the politicians delegating your careers become sick and need your help someday. My advice (though unorthodox) would be to make the feckers wait as long as possible for treatment and then administer it slowly while complaining about government cut-backs. I know that's not feasible, but wouldn't it be lovely?

Keep On Keepin' On - Jo & colleagues... Keep putting the boot in. Keep on asking why. If anything, it will make everyone aware of the slow theft to your dignity by a few, elite politicians...

More power to yer elbow Jo :wink:
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

joanne chapman
activist and campaigner

Post by joanne chapman »

cheers lugh, none of us are quitters, if we were then we would go into other professions and earn more money. :wink:
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

jo wrote:cheers lugh, none of us are quitters, if we were then we would go into other professions and earn more money. :wink:
I hear that Jo :D
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

joanne chapman
activist and campaigner

Post by joanne chapman »

I should have sent in my pictures, I would have flattered us more than they did.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

jo wrote:I should have sent in my pictures, I would have flattered us more than they did.
John Prescott scares the shit out of me.

How can his face look so much like my arse..?

Concerned & Equally Confused. :?

DERRY...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

joanne chapman
activist and campaigner

Post by joanne chapman »

Lugh wrote:
jo wrote:I should have sent in my pictures, I would have flattered us more than they did.
John Prescott scares the shit out of me.

How can his face look so much like my arse..?

Concerned & Equally Confused. :?

DERRY...
I know, u couldn't give him one in the dark after a bottle of JD, ewe just got a shudder down my spine.
He would win an ugly competition.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

jo wrote:I know, u couldn't give him one in the dark after a bottle of JD, ewe just got a shudder down my spine.
Are you calling my arse 'ugly'..?

Right..! That's it..!

Lock the doors..!

How dare you missus..!

I'll phone my MP..!

Feckin' cheek..! :P
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

joanne chapman
activist and campaigner

Post by joanne chapman »

Lugh wrote:
jo wrote:I know, u couldn't give him one in the dark after a bottle of JD, ewe just got a shudder down my spine.
Are you calling my arse 'ugly'..?

Right..! That's it..!

Lock the doors..!

How dare you missus..!

I'll phone my MP..!

Feckin' cheek..! :P
Lugh, if you have a nice arse then hats off to ya mate. Mines a bit bigger than I would like.

I have wiped many, old, young, big, small, firm and saggy. When the proverbial hits the fan they are all the same, an area best avoided.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

jo wrote:
Lugh, if you have a nice arse then hats off to ya mate. Mines a bit bigger than I would like.

I have wiped many, old, young, big, small, firm and saggy. When the proverbial hits the fan they are all the same, an area best avoided.
Aye. Fair do's Jo. Bit like John Prescott's face then..?

You know? Best avoided, in case violent crimes get committed on it :P ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Return to “Activism on Sensitize ©”