Expendable President / Bush-Whacked Debate

This link will take you to ongoing debates and discussions on several topics of interest to members of Sensitize ©. All members of Sensitize © are welcome to start new debates and discussions.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Are you opposed to this film?

Yes
17%
No
50%
Yes and my reasons are posted below.
No votes
No and my reasons are posted below.
33%

Total votes: 6

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

• If you have read the headlines on the front page of the Daily Mirror today or clicked their website Mirror.co.uk, you can't have missed this;-
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objecti ... _page.html

It appears there are many people offended by the 'artistic expression or notion' that the death of George W. Bush would be a bad thing. They are in effect censoring a new film scheduled for screening on Channel 4 next month called Death Of A President.

Do members of Sensitize have any views they wish to express about this topic? Do you think the show should be pulled from viewing or would you say all art is in the eye of the beholder and therefore necessary?
Here's what I think of George W. Bush:-
Lugh wrote:for an expendable president
By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 31st July, 2006. All Rights Reserved
  • if President George Bush was shot dead.
    or knifed in the street by a crack-head.
    would anyone care?
    would they blink, would they stare?
    or loudly laugh as the sick bastard bled?
Last edited by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh on Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

As we all know, films on Channel 4 have famously sparked copy-cat actions by the mentally ill and unemployed (C4's target audience).

Remember the hullabaloo after their mid 1990's TV drama "Let's screw around with Diana's brakes" and the 2000 epic "How to crash aircraft into bloody tall buildings."

Personally I think that if someone shot GWB because of something they saw on C4 then they should issue a full apology afterwards. Until that time I suppose we should just ignore the fallout because, lets face it, it's the US government putting pressure on the British government to put pressure on the press to create a false scandal. It's censorship.
the_leander
visitor

Post by the_leander »

My only regret is that it is highly improbable that My Bush during the filming will be accidentally killed due to the wrong rounds being placed in the gun (ala Brendon Lee - The Crow).

Oh and that Rumsfeld and Cheney won't also meet a similar fate.
Diesel Engine
visitor

Post by Diesel Engine »

No for two simple reasons
One) All artistic expression is valid as long it is done with the intention of benifiting or educating our fellow cave dwellers
Two) I havent Seen it
Three) No other reason except to say that absolutley Nothing would change if Bush was Assassinated, the man is a puppet.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

Diesel Engine wrote:No for two simple reasons
One) All artistic expression is valid as long it is done with the intention of benifiting or educating our fellow cave dwellers
Here, here..!
Diesel Engine wrote:Two) I havent Seen it
No-one has. It's getting screened at the Toronto Film Festival first then shown on More 4 / Channel 4 in October. That's if the wankers with a right-wing agenda don't pull rank, D-Notice it and tell us we're all terrorists for appreciating art or exploring hypothetical notions through creative expression.
Diesel Engine wrote:Three) No other reason except to say that absolutley Nothing would change if Bush was Assassinated, the man is a puppet.
Yes, but think of all the people that would survive in the Middle East if the little gobshite was nutted.

Here's a picture of him in discomfort because the hand up his ass, hurts;-

Or, is it Tony Blair's tongue?
  • One final point Diesel:-

You never told me you were still dwelling in caves :shock: ..!

pictures in this message copyright property of;
www.jimtreacher.com
http://jimtreacher.com/he_looks_funny.jpg

www.photoamp.com
http://img.photoamp.com/i/B6EAAmsbX.jpg
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.

Return to “Debate & Discussion on Sensitize ©”