The Veil Debate

This link will take you to ongoing debates and discussions on several topics of interest to members of Sensitize ©. All members of Sensitize © are welcome to start new debates and discussions.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Should all religious education be banned in schools?

Yes
44%
No
11%
Yes and my reasons for coming to this conclusion are posted on this thread.
11%
No and my reasons for coming to this conclusion are posted on this thread.
33%

Total votes: 9

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

spacecadet wrote:Post removed.
I don't know if you're angry at me for this Dave. Realistically though, there are muppets* out there, as well you know, who revel in fucking other people's work (including online communities and forums like this one) up.

Do you want me to remove my initial request to you as well? It would seem silly to have me quoting you when your message no longer exists.
spacecadet wrote:I think you summed up the veil debate quite nicely there.
Can you clarify please Dave?

*Eline could be lurking and being a complete muppet for no other reason than that she is one...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

That such a comment could make you stop and worry sums up the debate about attitudes. I can't see why you're so touchy.

What I said in the thread is nothing I wouldn't say in front of the Asian guys at work, indeed the irony of the situation re: christmas party has already been pointed out to them.

I work in a room that's 1/3rd Asian, 1/3 Black, 1/3 White. It's all really well integrated. There's no problems and noone gets touchy about anything.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

spacecadet wrote:That such a comment could make you stop and worry sums up the debate about attitudes. I can't see why you're so touchy.

What I said in the thread is nothing I wouldn't say in front of the Asian guys at work, indeed the irony of the situation re: christmas party has already been pointed out to them.

I work in a room that's 1/3rd Asian, 1/3 Black, 1/3 White. It's all really well integrated. There's no problems and noone gets touchy about anything.
Firstly Dave, I apologise unreservedly for this situation. Perhaps I am worrying unnecessarily but once bitten twice shy and all that. If you read the small print in my last message you'll see why I refer to Eline. I'm sure you remember how she caused me to lose the original Sensitize on MSN. Eline and a few other complete imbeciles, one in particular called Sarah Holmes aka Fly, took great pleasure in reporting websites that offended them and worked to destroy talented people's work. It's why I never let up once in my fight with the Dome's management, because they condoned and frequently encouraged their pathetic existences.

You occasionally post messages referring to riots in Northern Ireland. I could take offence at that but choose to joke back with you mostly. It is fucking laughable, the whole situation over here. Others would take offence further and some of that can spill over into hate campaigns and pointless conflict.

I'm tired fighting to defend what is at the end of the day an environment for creative people to work together. So yes, I can be a little touchy at times.., but can you blame me?

I'm typing all of this and it now seems useless. We're more than likely going to remove these last few messages so that the thread can continue... Yes, this is a clear example of how people are being herded towards censorship / self-censorship...

Thanks and I am sorry Dave...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

Lugh wrote:Yes, this is a clear example of how people are being herded towards censorship / self-censorship...
I was trying to draw that conclusion but I most certainly wasn't having a dig. And I am really, really sorry about the whole Northern Ireland trouble thing but it does sort of crack me up in that naive/confused sort of way, but please rest assured that it has to be folk like the Orangemen who make we whoop with laughter the most. (Feck me, those hats!)

Sorry. There I go again.

I can't help it.

The moment I stop pointing and laughing is the moment I realise just how pointless humanity is and I start wishing for that asteroid to find us. In the meantime while we're waiting for extinction if I can manage to hold a mirror up to a situation every now and then and make people think, even through the red haze of anger, then I feel I must do so.

It is my density. ;)
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

spacecadet wrote:
Lugh wrote:Yes, this is a clear example of how people are being herded towards censorship / self-censorship...
I was trying to draw that conclusion but I most certainly wasn't having a dig. And I am really, really sorry about the whole Northern Ireland trouble thing but it does sort of crack me up in that naive/confused sort of way, but please rest assured that it has to be folk like the Orangemen who make we whoop with laughter the most. (Feck me, those hats!)

Sorry. There I go again.

I can't help it.

The moment I stop pointing and laughing is the moment I realise just how pointless humanity is and I start wishing for that asteroid to find us. In the meantime while we're waiting for extinction if I can manage to hold a mirror up to a situation every now and then and make people think, even through the red haze of anger, then I feel I must do so.

It is my density. ;)
Right. I've had a chance to mull this one over and in all reality Dave, I was wrong to make my request earlier. It was a bout of paranoia based on past experiences with Eline, Fraser Duncan (or Numb Nuts as I've come to call him), Sarah Holmes, Suzi Pritchard and a few other brainless fuckwits who accommodated them.

If you are willing to, you can copy and paste from my message that initially quoted and censored you and edit your original post back to how it was.

Oh and Orangemen... They're not right in the head mate. It's refreshing to hear a British (and I assume English) person say they too whoop with laughter at them and their hats.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

Oh Lord how they make me laugh, and I'm technically a Protestant (sort of Welsh Baptist mixed with Church of England). If I was a NI catholic, however, I would want these people to march down my road every year. I'd serve up toffee apples for the kids and we'd all sit on deck chairs in the front garden as the ejeets went by.
Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Post by Catherine Edmunds »

Guys, if you bend over backwards much further to be polite to each other you'll have an accident. It's all very commendable, but please... stand tall and pull faces. Much healthier. Thank you.

And to be serious for a moment: Lugh, I'd leave all those messages there if I were you, as it's a good example of how things can nearly blow up but with a bit of common sense and politeness they can be resolved and civilised behaviour can resume.

Slightly off topic, but sort of relevant: there's a lady in the newspaper today who's given birth to twin boys; one white, one black. Now there's a solution to a whole load of problems in the world today. Trouble is, it only happens about once in every million births.

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

spacecadet wrote:Oh Lord how they make me laugh, and I'm technically a Protestant (sort of Welsh Baptist mixed with Church of England). If I was a NI catholic, however, I would want these people to march down my road every year.
They do mate. They do. That's the problem. They haven't got with the programme yet. They haven't accepted that everyone has a bloodied history that's loaded with shameful acts of barbaric inhumanity. Instead, they perpetuate it and sing about it and make it out to be a celebration. What the fuck is the matter with them?

Even the British, who they claim to be aligned to, can't work them out. They should not be funded as a cultural voice either historically or as a present day reflection of progreesive culture. They're dinosaurs. Nor should anyone from any equally militant Nationalist voice be given any credence or funding. Fostering hope and drawing on our similarities is the only way forward, always...
spacecadet wrote:I'd serve up toffee apples for the kids and we'd all sit on deck chairs in the front garden as the ejeets went by.
No you wouldn't. It normally pisses down with rain. Maybe that's why they wear those stupid looking hats :wink: ...

At least Nature has a great sense of humour lmfao :P 8) ...
delph_ambi wrote:Guys, if you bend over backwards much further to be polite to each other you'll have an accident. It's all very commendable, but please... stand tall and pull faces. Much healthier. Thank you.
True in every respect. So, here's a series of pulled faces :P :shock: 8) :lol: :evil: :roll: :oops: :P ...
delph_ambi wrote:And to be serious for a moment: Lugh, I'd leave all those messages there if I were you, as it's a good example of how things can nearly blow up but with a bit of common sense and politeness they can be resolved and civilised behaviour can resume.
Indeed mate...
delph_ambi wrote:Slightly off topic, but sort of relevant: there's a lady in the newspaper today who's given birth to twin boys; one white, one black. Now there's a solution to a whole load of problems in the world today. Trouble is, it only happens about once in every million births.

Aye, understood Delph, but it's a bit more difficult to have children born of different faith/religion. That's a disorder they develop through exposure to idiots in their imprinting days...

Cool picture btw :D ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

psikottix
visitor

Post by psikottix »

Looks like most things have been said already. So i'll just chuck my pennyworth's in for the sheer hell of it!

Veils, no. For the same reason that i don't like talking to people with hoodies up, or wearing a balaclave, or a hockey mask, or sunglasses inside or when it's not sunny, etc. Religion is irrelevant to my feelings on it, it's more about being able to clearly see who you are trying to communicate with.

Religion in schools?

"Religion has no place in schools, as facts have no place in religion"
-Inspector Chalmers, The Simpsons.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

psikottix wrote:
"Religion has no place in schools, as facts have no place in religion"
-Inspector Chalmers, The Simpsons.
Priceless Psi mate :P ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Return to “Debate & Discussion on Sensitize ©”