Should The Arts Council/Simon Pope Have Their Arses Kicked?

This link will take you to ongoing debates and discussions on several topics of interest to members of Sensitize ©. All members of Sensitize © are welcome to start new debates and discussions.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes: 4

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

• I found this unbelievable when I read it this morning. Artist; Simon Pope has been given £50,000.00 from the Arts Council for Wales for his latest work which is, an empty room..!

Pope claims that his latest work summons up a sensation similar to a form of psychosis when experienced and will work to generate a further understanding of the condition by the public. Read the full article here. He may have made a point he didn't intend to though. When I read this I went ballistic. Isn't that a form of psychosis?

This really is too much people. Here we are, struggling to eek out a living with hard graft as writers while this bollocks gets paid a bloody fortune for nothing..!

That's it! I am going to post my latest work directly after this message. I call it 'BLANK' or 'Tiny White Asterix On A Grey Background' to give it its full title. I see it as a representation of 'internal struggle' which I hope will create utter confusion, mayhem and further outbursts of rage in audiences. The intention being that they will scream so loudly at their pc monitors they will be unfit to feel any further anger for ages. Or at least until another over indulged tit like Simon Pope crops up in the newspapers or online.

Can I get some funding now please?
Hyperlink in this post is to The Independent;-
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_b ... 919351.ece
Last edited by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh on Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

BLANK by Louis P Burns aka Lugh © 2006. All Rights Reserved.

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
the_leander
visitor

Post by the_leander »

Masterpiece!

I have to wonder if people in the art council are die hard abstract fans.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

the_leander wrote:Masterpiece!
Thanks Alan :) It took me ages to paint. I had to capture natural light in a dirty jam jar, let it go off then mouldy, expose it to air and then throw it at a few cops. I think it has caught my intentions perfectly :D ...
the_leander wrote:I have to wonder if people in the art council are die hard abstract fans.
Nah mate. They're just boring wankers with little to no intelligence at all... Send them to war. That'll fix em :P ..!
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Post by Catherine Edmunds »

Brilliant! :D

I hate it when money is spent on dreary town centre sculptures that nobody likes and do nothing for the place. I love it when money is spent on conceptual works like this.

It gives me hope.

I am being absolutely serious here, folks.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

delph_ambi wrote:Brilliant! :D

I hate it when money is spent on dreary town centre sculptures that nobody likes and do nothing for the place. I love it when money is spent on conceptual works like this.

It gives me hope.

I am being absolutely serious here, folks.
Interesting Delph. S'pose it's down to taste at the end of the day, but I know some mega-talented people who aren't getting the recognition they deserve because the whole industry has become too reliant on funding.

Suzi once advised me to use both my disabilities and sexuality to appease the funding agencies. Apparently they 'just lurve' funding minorities. I was offended of course...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Post by Catherine Edmunds »

Blimey, I'm not surprised you were offended. For goodness' sake... you want funding because of your creative merits, not because you have a wooden leg, or whatever. Talking of which, I'm still laughing at that guy who was mentioned on 'Coast' the other day who used to set fire to his wooden leg and then jump into Hastings Lido. Ah, the good old pre-Health and Safety days...
spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

I wonder if they'd be interested in funding my new work "Poo in a Sandwich Bag".
spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

I really should empty my pockets after walking the dog.
spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

Now I'm sat at work in the middle of the office and the coat over the back of my chair is starting to hum.

Return to “Debate & Discussion on Sensitize ©”