Am I too late?

This link will take you to ongoing debates and discussions on several topics of interest to members of Sensitize ©. All members of Sensitize © are welcome to start new debates and discussions.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Seán Óg
visitor

Am I too late?

Post by Seán Óg »

I have been living in a shared house for about six months now.
Tonight I tried to swing the opinions of my housemates from Blair following lap-dogs to pro life humanitarians. This proved to be a much harder task than I anticipated. My friends are so caught up in the western european lifestyle that they have that they have tried to argue that by seperating their recyclables that they are doing not only their bit, but all they can!!!!!
To be honest I feel like I'm too late to change their minds and worse still these are intelligent people.
psikottix
visitor

Post by psikottix »

Anyone that follows a totalitarian freedom hating war monger like Blair is NOT intelligent.

Despite other appearances.

You'll have to invite me over...i'll sort 'em for you!!!

:twisted:

(Oh, you'll have to send me tickets and stuff too, as I'm in England!!!)

(Worth a go...I need a holiday!!!)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Seán Óg
visitor

Post by Seán Óg »

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Seán Óg on Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seán Óg
visitor

Post by Seán Óg »

You'll have to invite me over...i'll sort 'em for you!!!

(Oh, you'll have to send me tickets and stuff too, as I'm in England!!!)
Tickets are in the post!!
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Re: Am I too late?

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

Seán Óg wrote:I have been living in a shared house for about six months now.
Tonight I tried to swing the opinions of my housemates from Blair following lap-dogs to pro life humanitarians. This proved to be a much harder task than I anticipated. My friends are so caught up in the western european lifestyle that they have that they have tried to argue that by seperating their recyclables that they are doing not only their bit, but all they can!!!!!
To be honest I feel like I'm too late to change their minds and worse still these are intelligent people.
Unfortunately though, Ireland's still caught up on the buzz of the Celtic Tiger (American employment / investment). Even though one would assume that most rational thinking people would see through the lie and beyond to how America moves into countries, boosts their economies for a while then pulls out because it gets work done cheaper, elsewhere. Most of Ireland has become a complacent 'trash nation' of gas-guzzling, hopeless wannabes with little to no integrity on anything of merit. They have no incentive to maintain values because we've 'had-it-up-the-teeth' for so long that anything that looks positive 'must be'...

Even here in the North under British legislation we've had a boom-economy that many have benefitted from via the yanks. Your housemates will continue to do the 'Blair-Boogie' until they shuffle off their mortal coil, as long as him and people like him make all the right noises and kiss all the right American asses.

You've mentioned recycling above Seán. Last year Derry City Council, in their infinite wisdom :roll:, removed all of the recycle bins here at the apartment block I live in. This was because a few alcoholics living in the building couldn't get their act together and seperate out their waste. So, the city council's approach is one of not allowing the majority the option to recycle because it confuses a few winoes. I find this feckin' priceless to be honest. We're being forced into a position where those with the least wit have all the options. It sums up the general attitude of Derry folk when their own appointed council call the shots, irrespective of what the majority need or want. There is no incentive to change...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.

Return to “Debate & Discussion on Sensitize ©”