Spamming Scumbags

This link will take you to general messages or topics of interest to members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Spamming Scumbags

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

• This bunch of Spamming Scumbags send me on average 14 - 26 emails a day. I cannot block them because their email address doesn't display in my inbox, so I traced them.

I reckon they deserve to be spammed back. I just can't think of anything annoying enough to send them. Wankers..!

Any ideas anyone?
Hyperlink in this post is to this parcel of bastards;
http://www.broadcastemailingagency.com/
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

They're sent by zombie networks. The email addresses they're sent from are either completely ficticious or belong to people whos only crime is to have been hacked/trojaned/virused.

There is nothing you can do about this.

Never open these emails as they mostly have embedded links to remote images which clock that the email has been opened and therefore put your email address on the "active" link.

Learn to live with it until technology catches up with the spammers.

Just put it in the same mental category as the crap inside your Sunday paper that you put straight into the bin (or in my case, use to light the log burner or tear into small roach size strips).

There are much greater things to spend your time thinking and worrying about.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Cheers Dave :D

Will put them on immediate ignore now...

This Bunch of Bible Thumpin' Head-The-Gratens visit here and can sometimes be active on over 18 threads at a time. They're messing with our bandwidth.

They don't join us or interact but they sure as shit have a keen interest in what we're doing. Maybe I should use their email address and forward it to the first parcel of vermin mentioned at the top of this thread.

Yeah. That might work :wink: ...

Hyperlink is to americamagazine.org;
http://americamagazine.org/classifieds.cfm
Last edited by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh on Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

Unless of course you ever feel like scoring a Russian chick and some cheap spamming feckers while buying worthless shares online, in which case you will have a pile of resources at your fingertip.

You see? A silver lining.

I get the same thing btw.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

spacecadet wrote:Unless of course you ever feel like scoring a Russian chick and some cheap spamming feckers while buying worthless shares online, in which case you will have a pile of resources at your fingertip.

You see? A silver lining.

I get the same thing btw.
Really annoying though :twisted: ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

Horse feathers...... just used the link you posted and now I understand the problem.

My first answer was in fact truthful but didn't take into account this "legal" advertising firm. The US has even better anti-spam laws than the UK. I can only suggest that you look this company up in some US led directory like The Better Business thingummy (can't remember the link/website). If they turn out to be kosher then write them an email telling them politely (but with a hint of ironic humour - this unnerves flat-headed US corporate types) to cease and disist.

Post your research. I'll be interested in reading what you find.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

spacecadet wrote:Horse feathers...... just used the link you posted and now I understand the problem.

My first answer was in fact truthful but didn't take into account this "legal" advertising firm. The US has even better anti-spam laws than the UK. I can only suggest that you look this company up in some US led directory like The Better Business thingummy (can't remember the link/website). If they turn out to be kosher then write them an email telling them politely (but with a hint of ironic humour - this unnerves flat-headed US corporate types) to cease and disist.

Post your research. I'll be interested in reading what you find.
Will do Dave. Nice one mate :) ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

Here's a well known email trap used by east european spammers.

www.comicstripgenerator.com/

Create a quick comic strip and then use the "email to a friend" link when you've finished. The strip can be empty with just a single object pasted into a frame. This will take you a matter of seconds. Do this for as many guessed email address as you care to for the company, i.e. info@..... allstaff@..... (thats a good one if they've got that set up for everyone in the company), helpdesk@.... purchasing@...... helpdesk@...... customerservices@..... etc.

This website is a b*stard for getting people spammed.
spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

Sh*t, this is looking dodgy. The website looks very professional BUT.....

1. I can find no registration details for the URL
2. I can find no listings for the website or the NPR corporation with the Better Business Bureau.
3. I can't trace the hops between my PC and the website. This is freaky. Even when I'm tracing hackers I'll track them across a dozen IP hops before they disappear inside an anonymiser or some poor saps trojaned PC. I've NEVER not been able to trace a single hop.

I'm too brain burned to continue with this tonight but I'm going to dig a bit more at the weekend maybe. Might even try and work on the contact details on their website. Maybe I'm just too tired to spot the obvious tonight and it's all innocent but I can't do any magic tonight.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

spacecadet wrote:Sh*t, this is looking dodgy. The website looks very professional BUT.....

1. I can find no registration details for the URL
2. I can find no listings for the website or the NPR corporation with the Better Business Bureau.
3. I can't trace the hops between my PC and the website. This is freaky. Even when I'm tracing hackers I'll track them across a dozen IP hops before they disappear inside an anonymiser or some poor saps trojaned PC. I've NEVER not been able to trace a single hop.

I'm too brain burned to continue with this tonight but I'm going to dig a bit more at the weekend maybe. Might even try and work on the contact details on their website. Maybe I'm just too tired to spot the obvious tonight and it's all innocent but I can't do any magic tonight.
Weird stuff mate... Perhaps we should join forces and target the dickheads...

Yeah, I'm tired here too. Gonna crash for the night.

Thanks Dave :) ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

the_leander
visitor

Post by the_leander »

Haven't had a single spam email get past either my ISP's filters or Gmails in... well since I signed up with them.

Last time I saw a spam mail was when I had a freeserve account, and I was getting around 300 a day through them....

These days I set up a perimeter, outer accounts which I give out, all of which have their spam filters set to fascist, which then are grabbed remotely by a core account which will only recieve from the perimeter accounts (everything else bounces). When a perimeter account starts getting particularly badly hit, I drop it and setup another one.

I'm surprise more folk don't do this themselves...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

the_leander wrote:Haven't had a single spam email get past either my ISP's filters or Gmails in... well since I signed up with them.

Last time I saw a spam mail was when I had a freeserve account, and I was getting around 300 a day through them....

These days I set up a perimeter, outer accounts which I give out, all of which have their spam filters set to fascist, which then are grabbed remotely by a core account which will only recieve from the perimeter accounts (everything else bounces). When a perimeter account starts getting particularly badly hit, I drop it and setup another one.

I'm surprise more folk don't do this themselves...
Will attempt to follow your lead here Alan, but the bastards spamming me have more or less flooded my upstate account. I contacted my servers who claim in their brochures to prevent this, so they're looking into it now. Finger's crossed it will stop...

Cheers.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Return to “General Messages on Sensitize ©”