Seasick Steve: I Started Out With Nothin' and I Still Got...

This link will take you to general messages or topics of interest to members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Seasick Steve: I Started Out With Nothin' and I Still Got...

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

Seasick Steve: I Started Out With Nothin' and I Still Got Most of It Left
  • I'm sitting here, clacking away on the keyboard and working on the webpages for edition one of the Sensitize e-magazine. Later With Jools Holland is on the television and Seasick Steve has just given a heart-warming interview with Jools.

His latest CD; I Started Out With Nothin' and I Still Got Most of It Left is on sale now. I was thrilled to learn that while he was recording the tracks for it, Nick Cave and Grinderman turned up, in suits, to jam with him on Just Like a King. Ruby Turner also features on this album giving the normally raw, acoustic Blues experience of Seasick Steve's music a fleshiness and richness of quality.
    Telegraph.co.uk wrote:Having spent most of his life as a penniless drifter, "Seasick" Steve Wold finds himself suddenly, at 68, a "buzz" act - the world's favourite breakthrough blues artist, an all-conquering trouper on the festival circuit, and, least plausibly of all, a recording artiste for the mighty Time Warner conglomerate.

His apparently artless, downhome manner has struck a chord with music fans disenchanted with pop's endless strategising and lack of human warmth. Beyond that, Wold's simple, self-twanged tunes, and his rambling on-stage anecdotes, present a lifestyle of impecunious freedom, which any of us might yearn for, while chained to a computer.
    Telegraph.co.uk wrote:By comparison with 2006's lo-fi Dog House Music, this major-label debut offers a streamlined Seasick experience. Without going overboard on production or arrangements, the sound is bigger, and some guests arrive to flesh it out, including Ruby Turner (gospel-hollering on Happy Man) and Nick Cave's Grinderman (lending muted support on Just Like a King).

Shrewdly, given Steve's popularity as a showman, spoken introductions are occasionally included. "This is a song about nothin'," he cheerily drawls before the opening title track. After the final My Youth, a beautiful itinerant's lament for his "wasted" life, Steve closes up shop with a hilarious, meandering yarn about the day he realised that he could never settle down.
    I am positively dying to hear;

What I would really appreciate is; if one of you buy it before me, you do a little review of it including your first impressions (so take notes). Then post it up onto this thread. We can then tweak it together and create a collaborative music review for the Sensitize © online arts e-magazine which is scheduled for general public reading on this domain at Halloween.

Peace & Thanks etc 8) ...
Hyperlink and quoted text in this post are to and from:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Started-Nothin- ... 341&sr=1-1
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jh ... dwk127.xml
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/script/sg ... 0IT%20LEFT
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Later With Jools Holland. S:33 E:03 featuring Seasick Steve

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.

Return to “General Messages on Sensitize ©”