Message For Sergi

This link will take you to general messages or topics of interest to members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Message For Sergi

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

Sergi the snail wrote:Lugh I find this very hard to Follow

Now I dont have the best EnglishI know but even so I think maybe it should be broken down into smaller pieces or something because I really like the overall story but it needs edited into shape
Sergi. Are you taking the piss mate?

Quote from the first message on THE CRAFTY FECKER thread:-
Lugh wrote:One request I will ask of members on SENSITIZE © is that you allow us to proceed uninterupted on this thread (THE CRAFTY FECKER), due to us needing to get it all laid down again. If you have feedback, or want to become involved in creating artwork for the environment, that would be brilliant, but I'd be grateful if this was initiated on other threads.
I have moved your entire message into here because your post above screwed with the creative flow of the thread you posted it to. I now request that you show my fellow writers and me the same amount of respect we have shown you with your work Sergi.

Please do not interupt active work or work-in-progress in this community again. If you have comments to make about other member's work, make them on the General Messages section of SENSITIZE © and link to the piece you are commenting on...

Thank you...
Last edited by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh on Sat May 27, 2006 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
joanne chapman
activist and campaigner

Post by joanne chapman »

Lugh, It is sergie that is breaking down the language barrier here. I'm sure that he didn't mean to offend and we all misread things sometimes, don't we!

Sergie, 'The Crafty Fecker' is Lugh's baby, and for various external reasons he has to be very protective towards his work.

Jox
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

jo wrote:Lugh, It is sergie that is breaking down the language barrier here. I'm sure that he didn't mean to offend and we all misread things sometimes, don't we!

Sergie, 'The Crafty Fecker' is Lugh's baby, and for various external reasons he has to be very protective towards his work.

Jox
Jo. I'm getting pretty damn bored with this to be frankly honest. Who are you to address me that way? I spoke my mind and pointed out essential requests at the start of THE CRAFTY FECKER for a specific reason.

I don't need you to make any criticisms or demands of me. I was direct in my message to Sergi because I don't know who he / she is. Nor, for that matter, do I know you that well. All other members of here excluding you, Sergi, Sprinkles and Zark are invited members and collaborative artists, editors or writers I have worked with in the past and aim to work with in the future...

So please don't come into this community and assume you can push people around or justify another member's reasons for doing things.

Thank you...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Post by Catherine Edmunds »

Different creative forums on the net have very different characters and purposes. In the short time I've been here, this one has impressed me by the seriousness of its intent (though the amount of comedy on it could cause visitors to think otherwise at first and see more informality than there actually is). Serious artists who are working hard to promote, workshop and display their work require an organised community in order to function effectively. That's one of the great strengths of this community, and that's why there are rules like the one Sergi didn't see/read/take in.

All creative artists have to be very wary and very circumspect when posting work to a forum that may be viewed publicly. There are myriad msn sites for those who aren't too bothered; for whom creativity is a pleasant hobby. But for professionals, it's much more difficult. My sole income is from music and writing. I could just retreat into my bubble and never interact with anyone in order to keep my artistic endeavours 'safe', but that wouldn't get me anywhere. As a musician, I never wanted to play my violin in my living room. I wanted to go out with my string quartet and perform for people who wanted to listen. This is not a solitary occupation. If I paint a picture that pleases me, I'm not going to hang it in some corner of my house where only I can see it, I'm going to try to let as many people as possible see it. And that's where the internet comes in. But it has to be handled with care. People steal; people spoil; people don't give credit; etc etc. So what this ramble is saying is... respect for artists, please. This is what we do. This is our living.

Thank you.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

delph_ambi wrote:Different creative forums on the net have very different characters and purposes. In the short time I've been here, this one has impressed me by the seriousness of its intent (though the amount of comedy on it could cause visitors to think otherwise at first and see more informality than there actually is). Serious artists who are working hard to promote, workshop and display their work require an organised community in order to function effectively. That's one of the great strengths of this community, and that's why there are rules like the one Sergi didn't see/read/take in.

All creative artists have to be very wary and very circumspect when posting work to a forum that may be viewed publicly. There are myriad msn sites for those who aren't too bothered; for whom creativity is a pleasant hobby. But for professionals, it's much more difficult. My sole income is from music and writing. I could just retreat into my bubble and never interact with anyone in order to keep my artistic endeavours 'safe', but that wouldn't get me anywhere. As a musician, I never wanted to play my violin in my living room. I wanted to go out with my string quartet and perform for people who wanted to listen. This is not a solitary occupation. If I paint a picture that pleases me, I'm not going to hang it in some corner of my house where only I can see it, I'm going to try to let as many people as possible see it. And that's where the internet comes in. But it has to be handled with care. People steal; people spoil; people don't give credit; etc etc. So what this ramble is saying is... respect for artists, please. This is what we do. This is our living.

Thank you.
Thank you Delph. That is exactly what I was trying to get at but reacted negatively in my messages.

Sorry if I came across as heavy-handed but I have already lost several times to opinionated people who don't understand the whole creative process. Please folks. Show your fellow members on here, including me, the respect we all deserve. It's a hard task this artistry melarky but made worse by unnecessary tensions...

Cheers...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

the_leander
visitor

Post by the_leander »

Lugh wrote:
jo wrote:Lugh, It is sergie that is breaking down the language barrier here. I'm sure that he didn't mean to offend and we all misread things sometimes, don't we!

Jox
Jo. I'm getting pretty damn bored with this to be frankly honest. Who are you to address me that way? I spoke my mind and pointed out essential requests at the start of THE CRAFTY FECKER for a specific reason.
Unless I've had several very badly timed strokes whilst reading Jo's comment, I see nothing at all derrogatory in her posting. Who is she to try to defuse the situation? She is your friend, she is a member of this site, as am I.

Going off half cocked like this over what is clear to see (trying to keep a situation calm) is only going to irritate people.

So Sergi goofed on posting something? Ok, remove it, and point him to the relevant rule or whatever, in private. I also suggest taking several chill pills before you do so, because if you were to react to me as you have done here to Jo, I simply wouldn't bother comming back, quite frankly I have better things to do then have shots going across my bow.
Lugh wrote: I don't need you to make any criticisms or demands of me. I was direct in my message to Sergi because I don't know who he / she is. Nor, for that matter, do I know you that well. All other members of here excluding you, Sergi, Sprinkles and Zark are invited members and collaborative artists, editors or writers I have worked with in the past and aim to work with in the future...
About the only demand I could see was one for calm, and I have to side with Jo, this outburst is wholy unnacceptable. I'm sure if I were of the mind I could come up with some witty put down, but I won't. I can't be bothered. Suffice to say that your reaction to Jo's initial attempt to cool the situation somewhat was and is well over the top. I am deeply unimpressed.
Lugh wrote: So please don't come into this community and assume you can push people around or justify another member's reasons for doing things.

Thank you...
Calling for calm/defusing explosive situations =! pushing people around??

Seriously, what.. The.. Fuck.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

the_leander wrote:
Lugh wrote:

Jox
Unless I've had several very badly timed strokes whilst reading Jo's comment, I see nothing at all derrogatory in her posting. Who is she to try to defuse the situation? She is your friend, she is a member of this site, as am I.

Going off half cocked like this over what is clear to see (trying to keep a situation calm) is only going to irritate people.

So Sergi goofed on posting something? Ok, remove it, and point him to the relevant rule or whatever, in private. I also suggest taking several chill pills before you do so, because if you were to react to me as you have done here to Jo, I simply wouldn't bother comming back, quite frankly I have better things to do then have shots going across my bow.
Lugh wrote: I don't need you to make any criticisms or demands of me. I was direct in my message to Sergi because I don't know who he / she is. Nor, for that matter, do I know you that well. All other members of here excluding you, Sergi, Sprinkles and Zark are invited members and collaborative artists, editors or writers I have worked with in the past and aim to work with in the future...
About the only demand I could see was one for calm, and I have to side with Jo, this outburst is wholy unnacceptable. I'm sure if I were of the mind I could come up with some witty put down, but I won't. I can't be bothered. Suffice to say that your reaction to Jo's initial attempt to cool the situation somewhat was and is well over the top. I am deeply unimpressed.
Lugh wrote: So please don't come into this community and assume you can push people around or justify another member's reasons for doing things.

Thank you...
Calling for calm/defusing explosive situations =! pushing people around??

Seriously, what.. The.. Fuck.
I know Alan...

I am genuinely sorry to Delph, Jo, Sergie and you. I've just been messed around a bit too much by other people on my work and I'm tired... All I want to see is it develop and I accept fully that I reacted very negatively here...

Sorry folks... :oops:
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Sergi the snail
visitor

Post by Sergi the snail »

Lugh All i ment by my comment is that the way that the crafty fecker is laid out makes it very difficult to actuall read. I just think if it was broken into smaller parts it would look better and be easier to follow
If you think that a small comment like I made is spoiling your work then just move it.
apologying to all
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Sergi the snail wrote:Lugh All i ment by my comment is that the way that the crafty fecker is laid out makes it very difficult to actuall read. I just think if it was broken into smaller parts it would look better and be easier to follow
If you think that a small comment like I made is spoiling your work then just move it.
apologying to all
It was my fault Sergi. I'm very defensive of my work recently due to a negative encounter with another writer's community online. They basically fucked a lot of my work up.

Thanks for your feedback. I will discuss this with the other participants / writers of The Crafty Fecker and see what can be done. I think you are right :)
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Return to “General Messages on Sensitize ©”